Although they are not physically addictive, steroids are most definitely psychologically addictive. To find out if you are a steroid junkie, take the following quiz. Four or more YES answers mean you’ve got yourself a very serious problem.
- Have you been regularly using steroids and other appearance and performance enhancing drugs (APEDs) for at least two years or more?
- Have you been on two or more drug cycles in the past six months?
- Are you stacking your APEDs by taking three or more different drugs at the same time?
- Have you had problems like blood in the urine or semen, sharp back or abdominal pains, inability to get an erection, pains in your chest, light-headedness, uncontrollable rage, and still you continue to use steroids?
- Have you encouraged others to use steroids and perhaps even sold APEDs to them?
- Do you stay on “light” dosages between regular cycles because you’re convinced that complete cessation will make you lose all of your steroid gains?
- Do you continue to use APEDs even if your wife or girlfriend has begged you to quit?
- Have you tried to quit several times only to go back again?
- Are you spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a year on steroids while your bills continue to mount?